Subject: Mail problems at ames - Feb 27
Date: 28 Feb 89 19:34:21 GMT
From: !schoch@trident.arc.nasa.gov

In the process of trying to get sendmail to do the right thing with
>From: header lines, I screwed up and caused all uucp mail going through
ames to get routed somewhere else, usually wrong.  I have fixed this
bug now, but any mail sent through on Feb 27 probably didn't make it.
Sorry.

	Steve

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Mar 89 19:41:15 -0500
From: len@netsys.Netsys.COM

 Does anyone know who the person at Wollongong who ported sendmail
 to the 3B2? I would like to speak with him about the changes he made
 to the standard distribution.

Len
len@ames.arc.nasa.gov
   or len@netsys.com

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 2 Mar 89 15:24:45 CST
From: ksuvax1!harv (Harvard Townsend)
Subject: Re: 3B2 Questions - Answers Appreciated

<much deleted>
>> 		b; Is NFS available?
>try mailing to postmaster@laidbak and see if you can get an answer to that
<more deleted>

Wollongong is selling NFS for the 3B2 now.  Price is $1045/CPU, 40% less
for Universities (phone 800-872-8649).  It requires WIN/3B 2.1, which
requires SysVr3 or later.  Right now there is an additional $120 royalty
fee to AT&T that Wollongong is apparently trying to eliminate.  Maybe
if you wait a little while ....  We have not purchased it, so I don't
have any experience with it, although I saw it demo'd over a year ago
at Uniforum in Dallas.
______________________________________
Harvard Townsend, Systems Manager
Dept. of Computing & Information Sciences
Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506   (913)532-6350
Internet:  harv@harris.cis.ksu.edu
BITNET:    harv@ksuvax1.bitnet
UUCP:      {rutgers, texbell}!ksuvax1!harry!harv
AT&T Mail: attmail!htownsend

To join this group or have your thoughts in the next issue, please
send electronic mail to Ken Davis at the following address;

	{pacbell,netsys,hoptoad,well}!lamc!info-3b2-request

The views expressed in Info-3b2 Digest are those of the
individual authors only.

End of Info-3b2 Digest