[net.followup] New Coke Blegh!!

goldman@umn-cs.UUCP (Matthew D. Goldman ) (05/23/85)

In article <5343@tekecs.UUCP> waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) writes:
>What about all the other soft-drinks they produce (not only the diet and
>caffene-free versions of coke, but other soft drinks as well)?
>
>                                -- Walt Tucker
>                                   Tektronix, Inc.

Yesterday I almost bought Sunkist, till  I realized that it was also
produced by CokeaCola company.  Instead I bought Orange Crush.

If they won't give me old Coke I won't buy any of their other products.

--
-------
				Matthew Goldman

Home is where you take your hat off...			Banzai!

Kyllara :	What did you just do?
Moederan :	I don't know but it's going to be fun...

hsu@cvl.UUCP (Dave Hsu) (05/31/85)

> Yesterday I almost bought Sunkist, till  I realized that it was also
> produced by CokeaCola company.  Instead I bought Orange Crush.
>
> If they won't give me old Coke I won't buy any of their other products.
>
> -------
> 				Matthew Goldman

Around here, Sunkist is found in PEPSI MACHINES, and is bottled by the
local PEPSI plant under license from Sunkist Growers.

Besides...two or more cans of that stuff gives me headaches.

(questing for new soft-drinks)
-dave

arash@jendeh.UUCP (Arash Farmanfarmaian) (05/31/85)

> In article <5343@tekecs.UUCP> waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) writes:
> >What about all the other soft-drinks they produce (not only the diet and
> >caffene-free versions of coke, but other soft drinks as well)?
> >
> >                                -- Walt Tucker
> >                                   Tektronix, Inc.
>

> Yesterday I almost bought Sunkist, till  I realized that it was also
> produced by CokeaCola company.  Instead I bought Orange Crush.
>
> If they won't give me old Coke I won't buy any of their other products.
>

> --
> -------
> 				Matthew Goldman
> 				Computer Science Department
> 				University of Minnesota
> 				...ihnp4{!stolaf}!umn-cs!goldman

	Orange Crush?!?!?! Isn't that the worse than insipid English product??
 Last tiem I had any, it tasted more Bleeegh!! than Pepsi. Unless they use a
 different formula in this country, that product is worse than warm cat piss!!

				Arash Farmanfarmaian'85
--
Arash Farmanfarmaian
...!allegra!princeton!jendeh!arash

		"Any man who lives within his means suffers from a lack of
		imagination"

rfg@hound.UUCP (R.GRANTGES) (06/01/85)

[]
Gee, Arash, I can't make the comparison you did because I don't have the same
eclectic taste you do, but orange crush over here is fairly good.  Diet
Orange Crush, not widely available in the eastern US, was one of the first
two drinks to go 100% Nutrasweet. It was really good. I found it, on my
travels to Illinoisland, highly addicting.(pant, pant, slobber).
I hope to widen my tastes this summer. In another month or so I should
be able to compare orange crush (well, diet orange crush) to English beer-
which I hear is served warm and may taste comparably to the feline-based
products you mentioned.

--

"It's the thought, if any, that counts!"  Dick Grantges  hound!rfg

scw@cepu.UUCP (Stephen C. Woods) (06/04/85)

In article <1195@hound.UUCP> rfg@hound.UUCP (R.GRANTGES) writes:
>[]
>Gee, Arash, I can't make [...] (well, diet orange crush) to English beer-
>which I hear is served warm and may taste comparably to the feline-based
>products you mentioned.

ARRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
There is a HUGE difference between English BEER and Americian beer
(...a kind of thin, fizzy lager... [Nevil Shute, 1953]).  The very
worst English BEER (Watney's) is better than the average Americian
beer.  Also they don't drink it warm (70+ F) but at room tempature
(55-60 F) as opposed to cold (35-40 F), and the flavor is formulated to
drink at that tempature. beer is lousy at room tempature and BEER is
lousy COLD. Also BEER is *FRESH*, rarely more that a week out of the
brewery.
--
Stephen C. Woods (VA Wadsworth Med Ctr./UCLA Dept. of Neurology)
uucp:	{ {ihnp4, uiucdcs}!bradley, hao, trwrb}!cepu!scw