[comp.archives] Public domain version of ksh is available

emv@mailgw.cc.umich.edu (Ed Vielmetti) (03/12/89)

From: schoenin%s.cs.uiuc.edu@a.cs.uiuc.edu (Charles Schoening)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.sun
Subject: Public domain version of ksh is available
Date: 11 Mar 89 03:43:49 GMT

For those interested in a public domain version of ksh, there is one
available by anonymous FTP from the site `gpu.utcs.toronto.edu'.  It was
not derived from the AT&T sources.

brad schoeing
schoenin@cs.uiuc.edu

zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) (03/13/89)

Does anyone have any reports on this public domain ksh?
Compatibility, portability?

	[This is an interesting subject, but better discussed on
	comp.sources.d. So I've cross-posted it there and have
	directed followups there as well. tww]

--
  Jon Zeeff                     zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us
  Ann Arbor, MI                 mailrus!b-tech!zeeff

barto@megatek.uucp (David Barto) (03/14/89)

You did not try to access it.  It is mode 750.  Thus anon-ftp
can not read it.

	-barto

		[Messages like this should be sent to the person
		responsible for the archive, not to comp.archives.
		First, it is a waste of bandwidth. Second, it is
		rude. And third, the archive administrator may not
		even read this newsgroup.  You should only post when
		you have reason to believe that the person can not be
		reached through e-mail. tww]

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (03/18/89)

In article <8903111800.AA22239@mailgw.cc.umich.edu> schoenin%s.cs.uiuc.edu@a.cs.uiuc.edu (Charles Schoening) writes:
>For those interested in a public domain version of ksh, there is one
>available by anonymous FTP from the site `gpu.utcs.toronto.edu'.  It was
>not derived from the AT&T sources.

	What is the file name?????

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer                        Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.           tunnel may be an oncoming dragon

fulvio@oliveb.ATC.Olivetti.Com (Fulvio Marino) (03/23/89)

In article <8903111800.AA22239@mailgw.cc.umich.edu> you write:
>                  .... omissis ....
>For those interested in a public domain version of ksh, there is one
>available by anonymous FTP from the site `gpu.utcs.toronto.edu'.  It was
>not derived from the AT&T sources.
>
>brad schoeing
>schoenin@cs.uiuc.edu

Dear me, how can I take your sources ?
My problems are:
- language (I am Italian, and English is driving me mad!)
- USENET (I am a beginner)
- ftp (HOW CAN I ACCESS YOUR MACHINE?)

		Fulvio MARINO, Ivrea, Italy

		[For ftp access, you need to be on the Internet.  Ask
		your system administrator. If you are, the ftp
		program is documented in chapter 1 of the UNIX
		manuals. If you aren't using UNIX, I can't help.

		Ftp requires that you give the other system a user
		name and password; exactly what I'm not sure. Would
		someone be kind enough to post a summary of the
		standard user names and passwords for anonymous ftp?

		Before trying to get ksh, you should read the
		following. tww]

From novavax!uflorida!haven!rutgers!iuvax!watmath!mks!egisin
From: egisin@math.Waterloo.EDU (Eric Gisin)
Newsgroups: comp.sources.d
Subject: Re: Public domain version of ksh is NOT available
Date: 18 Mar 89 18:22:40 GMT
Sender: egisin@mks.UUCP

In article <147@mirsa.inria.fr>, colas@mirsa.inria.fr (Colas NAHABOO) writes:
> The public domain ksh on gpu.utcs.Toronto.EDU is not readable... Is
> it normal?

That was an old, unauthorized version.
The current version will be made available soon at waterloo.edu.