[comp.archives] Kermit for the NeXT comp.sys.next

dcarpent@sjuphil.uucp (D. Carpenter) (12/17/89)

Archive-name: kermit/NeXT
Archive-site: watsun.cc.columbia.edu [128.59.39.2]
Archive-directory: kermit/test
Archive-files: ck{w,u,c}*
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <13474@s.ms.uky.edu> beech@ms.uky.edu (Wayne Beech) writes:
>Hello,
>
>does anyone have C source to a kermit that works on a next?  if so, could you
>tell me where it is located or send me a copy? thanks.

I just saw a note on this topic on one of the Bitnet NeXT discussion
groups.  The poster quoted Frank da Cruz at Columbia as follows:

"The as-yet-unreleased test version of C-Kermit works on the NeXT.  You
can get it using anonymous FTP from watsun.cc.columbia.edu.  cd to the
directory kermit/test and get the files ckw*, ckc*, cku*, rename the
file ckuker.mak to makefile, and then "make next"."
>--
I hope this helps.  I haven't tried it myself.
David Carpenter            dcarpent@sjuphil.UUCP
St. Joseph's University    dcarpent%sjuphil.sju.edu@relay.cs.net
Philadelphia, PA  19131    ST_JOSEPH@HVRFORD.BITNET