[comp.archives] Lund Simula compiler for the Mac comp.lang.misc

gjditchfield@watmsg.waterloo.edu (Glen Ditchfield) (12/19/89)

Archive-name: lund-simula/how-to-get
Archive-site: rascal.ics.utexas.edu [128.83.144.1]
Archive-directory: mac/programming/simula
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <PCG.89Dec17184350@rupert.cs.aber.ac.uk> pcg@rupert.cs.aber.ac.uk (Piercarlo Grandi) writes:
>A german university is now
>distributing for very cheap a very portable Simula 67 compiler
>that will also run on home micros... It may still make a comeback!

It probably isn't the compiler that Mr. Grandi refers to, but a Lund
Simula compiler exists for the Macintosh.  It runs under MPW,
and requires the MPW assembler.  It is available for anonymous ftp from
rascal.ics.utexas.edu, in directory mac/programming/simula.  A Hypercard
stack that comes with it contains the beginnings of a reference manual.

I have nothing to do with the U of Texas, Lund, or the compiler.  I haven't
even had a chance to try it out yet.

    Glen Ditchfield  gjditchfield@violet.uwaterloo.ca  Office: DC 2517
Dept. of Computer Science, U of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 3G1
			 Gorbachev is a CIA mole.