[comp.archives] mims-iris font archive refuses connections no more comp.fonts,comp.text,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc

tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu (Tom Haapanen) (12/28/89)

Archive-name: mims-iris/all-ok
Archive-site: mims-iris.waterloo.edu [129.97.129.116]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

Tom Haapanen <tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu> writes:
> [...] To access the archive via ftp, use the ftp program to connect to
> mims-iris.waterloo.edu (129.97.129.116); use userid 'ftp' and enter your
> real userid as the password.  Use binary mode to transfer all compressed
> files.  [Since our OS upgrade, the ftp connection is now fully functional
> with no known bugs.  -ed.]

Well, there was still a bug in our inet daemon configuration, so the ftp
daemon was refusing connections.  I do believe that it is now functional;
please try again if you were rejected by the archive before.

                                        \tom haapanen
"now, you didn't really expect          tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu
 my views to have anything to do        watmims research group
 with my employer's, did you?"          university of waterloo

"I don't even know what street Canada is on"  -- Al Capone