[comp.archives] X11 graphic viewer comp.windows.x

madd@world.std.com (jim frost) (12/29/89)

Archive-name: xloadimage/how-to-get
Archive-site: expo.lcs.mit.edu [18.30.0.212]
Archive-directory: contrib
Archive-files: xloadimage*Z
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

matsumot@deimos.ads.com (Michael Matsumoto) writes:
>Hey.  I'm looking for a client that can display color xwd format
>files.

I don't have that (now) but my xloadimage utility (which was posted to
comp.sources.x a few weeks ago) can do several other image formats
which you can obtain with ppm.  It currently is more-or-less
braindamaged with respect to shared colormap entries but that will be
corrected in the near future by a new patchlevel.

If you have internet access, it is available via anonymous ftp from
expo.lcs.mit.edu in /contrib/xloadimage.{tar,patch02}.Z.  The new
patchlevel will be available at expo and over comp.sources.x as soon
as available, which basically means as soon as I have a couple of
hours to put it together.

If anyone has more specific questions, feel free to write to me at the
address below.

jim frost
jimf@saber.com