[comp.archives] [alt.folklore.computers] TECO for Unix

gis@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Brian L. Stuart) (01/16/90)

Archive-name: teco/j.cc.purdue.edu
Archive-site: j.cc.purdue.edu [128.210.9.2]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <4223@brazos.Rice.edu> dboyes@brazos.rice.edu (David Boyes) writes:
>In article <1215@kl-cs.UUCP> jonathan@cs.keele.ac.uk (Jonathan Knight) writes:
>>From article <1990Jan9.135247.894@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca>, by romwa@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Royal Ontario Museum):
>>> A few years ago I was working on a DEC System 10 which had an editor
>>> called TECO (Text Editor and COrrector, as I recall).  Anyway, .....
>
>YEAH! Real Editors For Real People! Groot!
>
>I wish someone would port TECO to Unix. I miss it.

Actually someone did write one.  You can get it via anonomous ftp from
j.cc.purdue.edu.  It has some bugs though and the author put in some
VT100 specific stuff.  (Don't ask me why; I'll never understand why
people don't put in dumb terminal fall-back modes at least.)

Have Fun.

Brian L. Stuart
Department of Computer Science
Purdue University