[comp.archives] [comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Re: Adventure...

ee5391aa@hydra.unm.edu (Duke McMullan n5gax) (02/08/90)

Archive-name: pc-sig/25-Jan-90
Archive-site: uxa.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.2.1]
Archive-directory: pcsig
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <808@ncrorl.Orlando.NCR.COM> rodney@ncrorl.Orlando.NCR.COM (Rodney Hamilton) writes:
>If you mean the original COLOSSAL CAVE Adventure, you can find C source on
>disk #259 of PC-SIG.
>
>Check with local PC Users Groups or computer clubs to obtain the PC-SIG disk.

...or, alternatively, you might try ftp to uxa.cso.uiuc.edu, also known as
128.174.2.1 to the server system. Look in the directory pcsig. DON'T dir or ls
this directory; it has well over a thousand entries. Just "get disk0259.arc",
or "mget *0259*".

One problem I've had here that I've been meaning to write them about...there's
a catalog file which contains a list of all the files on all the disks, but
it's over two megabytes, and something...local or remote, I don't know...kicks
me off after one megabyte is transferred. They ought to have that catalog list
in a compressed format, anyway, just because it's faster to transfer, but also
so your's truly can bring the file to the local machine....

Well, maybe they'll see this and take some action.

							Best o' luck,

			"So much karst; so little time...."
      Duke McMullan n5gax nss13429r phon505-255-4642 ee5391aa@hydra.unm.edu