[comp.archives] [comp.sys.sun] Re: University Ingres on a Sparc Station 1

toyama@ae.keio.ac.jp (Motomichi Toyama) (02/08/90)

Archive-name: sparc-ingres/06-Feb-90
Archive-site: titan.rice.edu [128.42.1.30]
Archive-directory: sun-source
Archive-files: ingres.patch
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

   >From: rod@brillig.umd.edu (Rodrigo Fontecilla)
   >Date: 29 Jan 90 18:52:02 GMT
   >
   >I just ftp-ed University Ingres and succesfully compiled it on my
   >SparcStation 1 running SUNOS 4.0.3. However, when I tried to use the demo
   >relation it blows up. Most commands work but the most important: retrieve
   >does not. Below is the ingres session. Any suggestions?  Recompile with
   >different options? I would appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks in
   >advance.

I made the following patch to make ingres8.9 runnable on my SparcStation1.
It hasn't been tested extensively, but seems work properly.

Assuming the current directory is ~ingres/source. You can patch the
sources via the command:

                patch -p0 < ingres.patch

[[Ed's Note: placed in archives at Rice.]]

FTP:	Hostname : titan.rice.edu (128.42.1.30)
	Directory: sun-source
	Filename : ingres.patch

Archive Server Address: archive-server@rice.edu
Archive Server Command: send sun-source ingres.patch