[net.auto] Renault Alliance Info Wanted

ahs@houxu.UUCP (Arthur Steinman) (03/08/85)

I am considering purchasing a 1985 Renault Alliance 2 door with the 1.7
litre engine, A/C and auto transmission. I know that I must buy the power
steering option with automatic transmission. Has anyone out in net land
recently bought an Alliance? Any pros and cons would be welcome. Please
reply by mail. Thanks.

							Art Steinman
							Path..houxu!ahs

williams@rduxb.UUCP (WILLIAMS) (03/09/85)

> I am considering purchasing a 1985 Renault Alliance 2 door with the 1.7
>
> 							Art Steinman
> 							Path..houxu!ahs

Some general info. to people interested in AMC products: Apparently
there is a "plan" available to AT&T employees that lets you buy any
AMC product at 4% above dealer invoice. I found out about it while
shopping for a Jeep. It sure saves a lot of shopping around.
I doubt any deal you work out on your own would be any better.

It would pay to ask if they have deals for other companies, too.

						Doug Williams
						AT&T Bell Laboratories
						Reading, PA
						rduxb!williams

keaton@nmtvax.UUCP (03/20/85)

williams@rduxb.UUCP (WILLIAMS) writes:
>Apparently
>there is a "plan" available to AT&T employees that lets you buy any
>AMC product at 4% above dealer invoice. I found out about it while
>shopping for a Jeep. It sure saves a lot of shopping around.
>I doubt any deal you work out on your own would be any better.
> . . .
>						Doug Williams
>						AT&T Bell Laboratories
>						Reading, PA
>						rduxb!williams

4% above dealer invoice is really good and if such a deal were available
to me without going through the trouble of negotiating, I might go for
it.  However, I negotiated 3% above dealer cost for my 81 Mercury Lynx
and my father routinely negotiates deals in the 2%-3% range above dealer
cost.  In addition, dealers will occasionally advertize "$1 under dealer
invoice" and similar sales, so watch for those.  Be aware, though, that
in such sales the dealer will often buy the car at a discount from the
factory, then the factory will print them up an official-looking invoice
for the *un*discounted price.
--
                                   David Keaton
                                   New Mexico Tech