[comp.archives] [comp.sys.atari.st] Re: C++ on the ST

mwjester@wsucsa.uucp (02/13/90)

Archive-name: atari-st-g++/08-Feb-90
Archive-site: terminator.cc.umich.edu [35.1.33.8]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <451@pico.oz>, akenning@pico.oz (Alan Kennington) writes:
> I'm amazed that I haven't seen any mention of C++ for the Atari ST.
> Does anyone if there is such a thing? After all, the IBM PC has had it for
> years now.
>
> ak.
FSF's GNU project C++ is available (in not fully-debugged form) from a couple
of FTP'able sites -- terminator.cc.umich.edu is one -- but from all reports
it requires at least 2Mbytes to run, 4M to do anything serious, so an unex-
panded 1040ST is not enough.  If you have a Mega or have expanded your ST's
memory, you might want to check it out.

--
Max J
mwjester@wsucsa