[comp.archives] [comp.text.tex] Re: Info on WEB?

mason@tmsoft.uucp (Dave Mason) (02/22/90)

Archive-name: spidery-web/21-Feb-90
Archive-site: princeton.edu [128.112.128.1]
Archive-directory: pub
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1990Feb20.154006.9844@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu> meuer@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Mark V. Meuer) writes:
>>WEB is an enhanced Pascal created by Knuth to ameliorate programming in
>>Pascal.
>
>There is also a version called Spidery WEB which has been enhanced to
>work with many different languages including C and ADA.  I'm not sure
>where you can get it, though.  Can someone else post an anonymous FTP
>address?

Here's part of the README from Spidery Web.  It includes the ftp address.

	../Dave

---------------
Spidery WEB comes with the following languages:

Directory	Description

ada		Ada
awk		AWK, a string processing language
c		Kernighan and Ritchie C
dijkstra	Edsger Dijkstra's language of guarded commands
larch		The Larch Shared Language, used for specifying
		equational theories.
penelope	Ada, extended with formal comments for verification
ssl		The language of the Cornell Synthesizer Generator

Each of these directories has a file called 'make'.  The settings in that file
determine the name that the executable versions of WEAVE and TANGLE have
for that particular language.  The names of the Spider files are also given.
See doc/spiderman.tex for details on using Spider.

To make weave or tangle, change to the directory for the chosen language,
and type `make weave' or `make tangle'.  `make web' will make both weave
and tangle.

Spidery WEB is in beta test.  It is available by anonymous ftp from
princeton.edu:~ftp/pub.  By copying it and using it you agree to
report bugs, bug fixes, and changes to me, at the address below.

Spidery WEB is not in the public domain; you are welcome to use it for
free for research purposes only.

Norman Ramsey
nr@princeton.edu
Telephone (609)-452-5135