[comp.archives] [comp.fonts...] Re: Help adding text to plotting application?

blackcat@neuro.usc.edu (02/24/90)

Archive-name: xjpterm/15-Feb-90
Archive-site: expo.lcs.mit.edu [18.30.0.212]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <980@fs1.ee.ubc.ca> vincel@fs0.ee.ubc.ca (vincent li) writes:
>In article <1990Jan21.211328.27154@athena.mit.edu> chuck@mitlns.mit.edu writes:
>>In article <1977.25b44d04@mccall.uucp>, tp@mccall.uucp writes...
>>>What I'm trying to do is add some high quality text output to a VMS
>>>plotting application outputting to a Versatec plotter. I require the
>>>ability to do Cyrillic (Russian) and Kanji (Japanese) output. I also
>>>require the ability to render this text at any size and rotation.

You should get the source code for xjpterm and the associated window manager
code from the X11R4 distribution on expo.lcs.mit.edu ... it is a pretty full
implementation of a japanese dictionary, text compositing, and display code.
The stroked character dictionary is quite large and complete.

Alexander-James Annala, USC Neuroscience Program