[net.music] Kate Bush

tynor@gitpyr.UUCP (Steve Tynor) (05/16/85)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Has anyone heard when Kate's new album will be released?  Real Soon
Now is the best estimate I've heard, though I've also heard that she
was finished recording some time last summer...  Has there been a
contract dispute?

   "With your spit still on my lips,
    We pull you from the water..."

    Steve Tynor
    Georgia Instutute of Technology

 ...{akgua, allegra, amd, harpo, hplabs,
     ihnp4, masscomp, ut-ngp, rlgvax, sb1,
     uf-cgrl, unmvax, ut-sally}  !gatech!gitpyr!tynor

--
Steve Tynor
...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!tynor

chai@utflis.UUCP (Henry Chai) (06/11/85)

In article <1076@princeton.UUCP> jansic@princeton.UUCP (Hugh R. Jansic) related
how Kate Bush ("Binky") , being a most uncaring, hostile etc. person,
totally ruined his mother's birthday party and their living room.

What does that got to do with Kate Bush's music?  Must entertainers/artists
be nice persons in order for us to enjoy their works? Hardly.
Please remember that this is net.music.  In the future, please post
such articles, if you think they have any significance, to net.musicians! :-)

"Some say that knowledge is ho ho ho"
--
Henry Chai
Faculty of Library and Information Science, U of Toronto

ellen@ucla-cs.UUCP (06/19/85)

gimme a break! folks.  i'd bet my dead cat that the Binky/Bush story
was a joke for all the sententious and otherwise articles in this group
about Kate Bush.  come on, guys and gals, does a :-) have to be appended
to everything in order for you to see through to the other side?

with my silver buddha
and my silver bullet

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (06/25/85)

> From:	mit-eddie!nessus	(Doug Alan)

> I just received a letter from someone who is even more of a Kate Bush
> fanatic than me.

Is such a thing possible? The mind boggles...

(Lord, give me strength.)

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA
   soon to be:
	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.COM

hoek@ucbcad.UUCP (Robin Hoek) (07/15/85)

Just wanted to let all twelve of you other fans out there that
Kate Bush has a track on the new GREENPEACE compilation L.P.
put out by EMI. There are 16 or so tracks by various artists
mostly concerning environmental/nuclear/ecology issues.
Kate's song contribution is the track "Breathing" from
"Never for Ever"

By the way, the album is also out on Compact Disc, which means
that we get to hear how "Never For Ever" sounds on CD!

Good Luck.

HUGH MAHER  U.C. BERKELEY

bottom@katadn.DEC (08/15/85)

 Since I wasn't sure that I had ever heard Kate's music I went out to
get a copy of "The Dreaming". Boy, nobody up here in the north woods had
a copy. However, I heard "Running up the hill" the other night on the radio.
Nice song, but I guess I'm not cut out to be a Kate Bush fanatic.
I have no specific criticisms of what I heard and it's probably not
representative of her total musical output. Seems to me it is just another
synthed up song with a female singer. (I have nothing against synths, I own
one) Have I missed something important? Please be honest, flames and
sarcasm are not constructive.

Dave Bottom
DEC Augusta Maine
!dec-rhea!dec-katadn!bottom

jeand@ihlpg.UUCP (AMBAR) (08/16/85)

>  Since I wasn't sure that I had ever heard Kate's music I went out to
> get a copy of "The Dreaming". Boy, nobody up here in the north woods had
> a copy.

Neither did they have a copy here in Naperville, 1/2 hour from Chicago!
Neither did they have a copy in the record stores on the Loop!  Moral
of the story is:  if you want to try it, you're going to have to order it.
I did. (I don't regret it.)

> However, I heard "Running up the hill" the other night on the radio.
> Nice song, but I guess I'm not cut out to be a Kate Bush fanatic.
> I have no specific criticisms of what I heard and it's probably not
> representative of her total musical output. Seems to me it is just another
> synthed up song with a female singer. (I have nothing against synths, I own
> one) Have I missed something important? Please be honest, flames and
> sarcasm are not constructive.
>
> Dave Bottom

I have not yet heard "Running Up That Hill." However, as Doug Alan has
pointed out various times, and I concur, it is very difficult to hear all
the neat things that Kate Bush manages to put into a tune in only a few
listens.  It took me three solid days of playing THE DREAMING over and over
and over and over again, before my musical comprehension hit 80%.  Not until
Doug so kindly sent me a copy of the lyrics (thanks again!) (the lyrics
are *not* included in the cassette version.  And you *need* them. So, be
warned!) did I really begin to appreciate the gestalt of music and words.

If you`re reluctant to go to all the trouble of ordering an album you`re
afraid you may not like, tape 'Running' and play it until you're really
sure that you know what it is you're deciding to ignore....

NOT a drooling KB fan....

				AMBAR
	Until August 16 -->	   	    {*ANYTHING*}!ihnp4!ihlpg!jeand
"I told you when I *MET* you that I was crazy, and you weren't listening!"