[comp.archives] [mud] Re: TinyMUCK

sfwhite@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Stephen White) (03/23/90)

Archive-name: tinymuck/23-Mar-90
Archive-site: lancelot.avalon.cs.cmu.edu [128.2.242.79]
Archive-directory: /pub
Archive-files: tinymuck-1.0.tar.Z
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <2738@hudson.acc.virginia.edu> dmm0t@hudson.acc.Virginia.EDU
(David M. Meyer) writes:

> What's with TinyMUCK?  I keep getting "Connection refused".  I'm using
> 128.114.129.2 Socket 7777 (which was posted a week ago or so).  Am I
> using the wrong site, or there something wrong with TinyMUCK?

TinyMUCK is no longer being run at ucscd.ucsc.edu.  The TinyMUCK
database has been shelved indefinitely for reasons of ugliness and
lack of topology.

The TinyMUCK source code, however, is available by anonymous ftp to
lancelot.avalon.cs.cmu.edu, in the /pub directory, filename
tinymuck-1.0.tar.Z.

There are a number of sites running the TinyMUCK code, only one of
which is publicly accessible (to my knowledge): MilesMUCK,
128.255.21.25 port 2001.
--
Stephen "Ghondahrl" White