[comp.archives] [ibm-pc-binaries] Re: Where to find zmodem for Unix

w8sdz@smoke.BRL.MIL (Keith Petersen) (04/04/90)

Archive-name: zmodem/03-Apr-90
Archive-site: wsmr-simtel20.army.mil [26.2.0.74]
Archive-directory: pd3:<misc.unix>
Archive-files: rzsz0525.tar-z
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <65659@srcsip.UUCP> vu@src.honeywell.com () writes:
>Can someone tell me where I can find the latest version of rsz*.*?  I
>tried wuarchive.wust.edu with no luck. This is the zmodem program for
>the Unix end.  Thanks in advance

Seems like I have to answer this every two weeks.  It's on SIMTEL20:

pd3:<misc.unix>RZSZ0525.TAR-Z

FTP it in TENEX mode, rename to rzsz0525.tar.Z, uncompress, extract
the files with tar xfv rzsz0525.tar

This version of rz/sz also works with VAX/VMS.  The individual source
files are available as ascii text in directory pd3:<misc.zmodem>.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC, & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]