[comp.archives] [ibm-pc] Re: Recent msdos uploads to SIMTEL20

w8sdz@smoke.BRL.MIL (Keith Petersen) (04/06/90)

Archive-name: simtel-info/06-Apr-90
Archive-site: wsmr-simtel20.army.mil [26.2.0.74]
Archive-directory: pd1:<msdos.filedocs>
Archive-files: accounts.inf
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1526@unsvax.NEVADA.EDU> blake@nevada.edu (RAWLIN BLAKE) writes:
>Keith, I am most grateful for your efforts in compiling these lists.
>The format works great with autoftp; just a little editing to make the
>input file!  The effort you put into this list has saved me great
>amounts of time and effort.  It has also made me aware of neat and
>useful programs that I might not otherwise find out about.  I am sure
>that I am only one of a great many people for which this is true.

Thank you, Rawlin.  I'm glad they are useful to the readers of this
newsgroup.

There is something that readers can do to help SIMTEL20.  We've just had
a 58% budget cut.  If we can't sign up 50 new paying users in the next
two months we'll have to cut back services.  This means no new disk
drives which are sorely needed because we're running out of disk space
and no new network interface to help speed up file transfers.  It also
means I may lose my job as maintainer of the MSDOS, MISC and CP/M archives.

We need your help.  Please read pd1:<msdos.filedocs>ACCOUNTS.INF and
pass along the information to government users and contractors who may
be looking for an Internet host for their email and file transfer needs.

Please help us preserve this useful resource for network users.
Thanks!

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC, & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]