[comp.archives] [comp.emacs] Re: How do I customerize subject line and the indent character?

ckd@bu-pub.bu.edu (Christopher Davis) (04/04/90)

Archive-name: supercite/03-Apr-90
Archive-site: tut.cis.ohio-state.edu [128.146.8.60]
Archive-directory: /pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/as-is
Archive-files: supercite.shar*Z
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

 > [...] when I follow-up or reply with the original text included, the
 > "yanked" original text are shifted to the right.  But the usually
 > practice is to insert a character such as "> " in front of each quoted
 > line. Can someone tells me how to make these feature default?

Time for YASP (Yet Another Supercite Plug):

Supercite 2.0, Barry Warsaw's incredible[*] citing/quoting/etc package, is
available from (among other places) tut.cis.ohio-state.edu, in, um, I think
pub/elisp somewhere, and also from cme.nist.gov (izzat right Barry?).

[*] DISCLAIMER: I contributed to the development of it (by griping at Barry
                until he added the stuff I wanted :-) so I have some ego
                investment... but it's still incredible.
--
  Christopher Davis, BU SMG '90  <ckd@bu-pub.bu.edu> <...!bu.edu!bu-pub!ckd>
     "Dammit, we're all going to die, let's die doing something *useful*!"

warsaw@cme.nist.gov (Barry A. Warsaw) (04/10/90)

Archive-name: supercite/05-Apr-90
Archive-site: durer.cme.nist.gov [129.6.32.4]
Archive-directory: pub
Archive-files: supercit*Z
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

Kang> [...] when I follow-up or reply with the original text included,
Kang> the "yanked" original text are shifted to the right.  But the
Kang> usually practice is to insert a character such as "> " in front
Kang> of each quoted line. Can someone tells me how to make these
Kang> feature default?

Christopher> Time for YASP (Yet Another Supercite Plug):

Christopher> Supercite 2.0, Barry Warsaw's incredible[*]
Christopher> citing/quoting/etc package, is available from (among
Christopher> other places) tut.cis.ohio-state.edu, in, um, I think
Christopher> pub/elisp somewhere, and also from cme.nist.gov (izzat
Christopher> right Barry?).

On durer.cme.nist.gov [129.6.32.4], you can ftp supercite from
pub/supercite.shar.0{1,2}.Z.  This is version 2.0, the latest released
version.  Of course, this is compress(1)'d and shar(1)'d.

Christopher> There's also a mailing list for it; mail
Christopher> supercite-request@cme.nist.gov.

Yes. Send mail to this address if you are absolutely unable to gain
ftp access. I will attempt to uucp a copy to you.  BTW, the citation
and attribution styles evident in my reply are an example of what you
can do with supercite.  It is not to everyone's taste, but
fortunately, the style is highly configurable.

Christopher> [*] DISCLAIMER: I contributed to the development of it
Christopher> (by griping at Barry until he added the stuff I wanted
Christopher> :-) so I have some ego investment... but it's still
Christopher> incredible.

Time for YATTEWH :-)  Yet Another Thanks To Everyone Who Helped.

Christopher>   Christopher Davis, BU SMG '90 <ckd@bu-pub.bu.edu>
Christopher>   <...!bu.edu!bu-pub!ckd> "Dammit, we're all going to
Christopher>   die, let's die doing something *useful*!"
Christopher> 	 --Hal Clement on comments that space exploration is dangerous

-Barry

The supercite mailing list covers issues related to the advanced
mail/news citation package called SUPERCITE.

Send articles to supercite@cme.nist.gov or uunet!cme-durer!supercite
Send administrative queries/requests to supercite-request@cme.nist.gov
	or uunet!cme-durer!supercite-request