[comp.archives] [comp.sys.sgi] Re: Query: lpr/lpd on SGI?

budd@bu-it.bu.edu (Phil Budne) (05/29/90)

Archive-name: sgi-lpd/29-May-90
Archive-site: bu.edu [128.197.2.6]
Archive-directory: src/PRINTING
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <7869@ubc-cs.UUCP> hogg@cheddar.cc.ubc.ca (John Hogg) writes:
>I know that SGI has promised Berkeley lpr/lpd printing support for the
>next release, but we were wondering if anyone has ported it to the
>current (3.2) release of IRIX.

I have done so.  I was only interested in sending jobs to remote
printers.  Check out bu.edu: ~ftp/src/PRINTING/sgi-lpd.tar.Z which is
based on the (freed) 4.3 Tahoe version of lpr/lpd.  The tar also
contains AUX-lpd which is a set of diffs for a USG Unix port of
lpr/lpd which includes local printer support.

	Phil Budne, Boston University