[comp.archives] [tex] Re: greek fonts?

dhosek@sif.claremont.edu (Hosek, Donald A.) (06/01/90)

Archive-name: tex-greek-fonts/31-May-90
Archive-site: ymir.claremont.edu [134.173.4.23]
Archive-directory: [tex.babel.greek]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <6241.26651da4@csv.viccol.edu.au>, yanniosac@csv.viccol.edu.au (YANNIOS, NICHOLAS) writes...
>Does anyone have access to, or know where to obtain
> Greek character font(s)?

>There was an article in TUGboat, Vol. 9, No. 1 (1988)
>describing a set.

I have three sets of Greek fonts in the ymir.claremont.edu
archive.

[anonymous.tex.babel.greek.hamilton_kelly] contains Brian
Hamilton Kelly's Greek font. This was mentioned in TUGboats 9#2
and 9#3 in Dominik Wujastyk's article.

[anonymous.tex.babel.greek.levy] contains Sylvio Levy's Greek
font described in TUGboat 9#1 and the 1987 TUG conference
proceedings.

[anonymous.tex.babel.greek.yannis] Contains Yannis Haralambous'
Greek fonts described in TUGboats 10#3 and 11#1.

ymir.claremont.edu can be reached by anonymous FTP.

Users without FTP can get the fonts via MAILSERV. Sending the
following text to MAILSERV@ymir.claremont.edu will obtain
information on using mailserv and lists of the files for each
package:

HELP
SEND [TEX.BABEL.GREEK.HAMILTON_KELLY]00README.TXT
SEND [TEX.BABEL.GREEK.LEVY]00README.TXT
SEND [TEX.BABEL.GREEK.YANNIS]00README.TXT

-dh

---
Don Hosek                         "When I was younger, I would throw
dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu          spitballs at girls that I liked. Now,
dhosek@ymir.bitnet                 I beg and plead for dates. Frankly, the
uunet!jarthur!ymir                 old way was more satisfying."

kpstamat@rodan.acs.syr.edu (kpstamat) (06/02/90)

Archive-name: tex-greek-fonts/01-Jun-90
Archive-site: xydeco.siemens.com [129.73.1.101]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <6241.26651da4@csv.viccol.edu.au> yanniosac@csv.viccol.edu.au (YANNIOS, NICHOLAS) writes:
>Does anyone have access to, or know where to obtain
> Greek character font(s)?
>
>There was an article in TUGboat, Vol. 9, No. 1 (1988)
>describing a set.
>
>                                         "zito i ellada"

					   "kai pali zhtw"
>Nicholas Yannios (YAN)
>Department of Information and Numerical Science
>Victoria College - Rusden Campus
>662 Blacburn Rd. Nth Clayton, 3168
>Victoria, Australia
>
>phone  : (03) 542 7279
>e-mail : yanniosac@csv.viccol.edu.au

kane ftp (anonymous) sto xydeco.siemens.com kai pare ola
ta files pou arxizoun apo greek. Periexoun odhgies kai paradeigmata
opws epishs fonts kai macros.
to xydeco exei noumero 129.73.1.101
Giannhs V
Siemens

Translation:  Do anonymous ftp in the above address xydeco.siemens.com and
take all the files start from greek. There are a lot of examples and directions
how to use them.

Konstantinos Stamatakis
Syracuse University