[comp.archives] [tcp-ip] Re: Major bug in TALK on WIN/TCP for VMS

gavron@sunquest.UUCP (Ehud Gavron) (07/03/90)

Archive-name: tgv.com/03-Jul-90
Archive-site: tgv.com [192.41.228.65]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <28296.2689c707@vaxb.acs.unt.edu>, billy@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:
> Hi,
>
> In WIN/TCP for VMS 5.1, TALK does not handle userids with numeric characters
> in them correctly.
>
> If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.

	Install MultiNet.  Its versions of TALK (as well as SMTP,
	FINGER, nameservice, R services, etcetera) all work as
	per the RFCs.

> Billy Barron                  Bitnet : BILLY@UNTVAX
> University of North Texas   Internet : billy@vaxb.acs.unt.edu
>
> PS The ANONYMOUS account on TWG.COM gives a "User Authorization Failure"
>    message now.

	PS The ANONYMOUS account on TGV.COM (the developers of Multinet)
	   is full of useful information. :-)

	Ehud

--
| Ehud Gavron, Systems analyst  | sunquest!gavron@cs.arizona.edu (uucp)      |