[comp.archives] [comp.lang.lisp] Re: PD CL Frame Rep Languages Wanted

finin@hamlet (Tim Finin) (07/12/90)

Archive-name: pfc/11-Jul-90
Archive-site: linc.cis.upenn.edu [130.91.6.8]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

I developed a simple system called PFC for educational use.  It was
described by a pair of articles which appeared in AI Expert in 1986:

   Finin, Tim, ``Understanding Frame Languages'', AI Expert, November, 1986.
   Finin, Tim, ``Implementing PFL'', AI Expert, December, 1986.

The source can be FTP'ed from linc.cis.upenn.edu.

Tim
  | Tim Finin                                   finin@prc.unisys.com     |
  | Center for Advanced Information Technology  215-648-2840, -2288(fax) |
  | Unisys, PO Box 517, Paoli, PA 19301 USA     215-386-1749 (home)      |

hall@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu (Marty Hall) (07/12/90)

Archive-name: pcl/11-Jul-90
Archive-site: arisia.xerox.com [13.1.100.206]
Archive-directory: pcl

In article <9438@bunny.GTE.COM> rjb1@GTE.COM (Richard J. Brandau) writes:
>I'm in search of good public domain, Common Lisp implementations of
>frame languages.  Where might I look?

Well, at the risk of stating the obvious, why not use CLOS (Common Lisp
Object System)? It is in the new CL standard, after all. A good CLOS
implementation that runs on most CL platforms can be obtained via anonymous
FTP from arisia.xerox.com, in subdirectory pcl. PCL is a relatively
large and robust subset of CLOS, from my understanding.

Or did you mean something else by "frame language"?

					- Marty Hall
hall@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu, hall%aplcen@jhunix.bitnet, ..uunet!aplcen!hall
Artificial Intelligence Lab, AAI Corp, PO Box 126, Hunt Valley, MD 21030