[comp.archives] [comp.lang.perl] Re: Listserv

shaver@convex.com (Dave Shaver) (07/19/90)

Archive-name: mail-archive-servers/16-Jul-90
Archive-site: archive.cs.iastate.edu [129.186.3.15]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

libes@cme.nist.gov (Don Libes) writes:
> Dave Shaver took [Johan Vromans'] code [for a mail archive server] and
> made a number of improvements to it, as well as making it more
> portable. Unfortunately, Dave seems to have fallen into a black hole [...]

Sorry, Don, not a REAL black hole, just a small grayish one.  :-)

I accepted a new job with CONVEX and moved back in the middle of June.
My email was floating around for a while, but I'm now at
"shaver@convex.com".  All of my code should still be up on
"archive.cs.iastate.edu" at 129.186.3.15.  I don't expect to do any
more work on the server any time soon, and what's FTP'able at Iowa
State is complete, usable, documented, and released.  Johan's original
code---along with about four other mail servers---should still be
there, too.  Let me know if anyone has questions or problems with my or
Johan's code.  I'm willing to help!

/\  Dave Shaver
\\  CONVEX Computer Corporation
\/  Internet: shaver@convex.com    UUCP:  uunet!convex!shaver