[comp.archives] [rec.games.frp] Re: Traveller question

woodsb@helios.ecn.purdue.edu (Brent L. Woods) (07/26/90)

Archive-name: traveller/21-Jul-90
Archive-site: sunbane.engrg.uwo.ca [129.100.4.12]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

 In article <1990Jul20.014706.5398@athena.mit.edu> tarquin@athena.mit.edu
 (Robert P Poole) writes:

 >I have just purchased MegaTraveller, and am wondering:
 >
 >(a) what is a good, concise source of info on generating alien characters
 >(non-human major races)?

     For MegaTraveller?  There is none (that I know of--they may have
released the first of a series of books on non-humans that have been
talked about lately), yet.  If you can find them, you can use the old
"Classic" Traveller :-) Alien Modules, if you want to adapt them to
MegaTraveller (actually, there's not that much work involved).

 >(b) where, if any, can I get ahold of programs to generate starmaps and
 >Traveller characters automatically?

     You can get some basic software from the archives of the Traveller
Mailing List (if you want to join the list, send a request to
traveller-request@metolius.wr.tek.com).  The archives are available via
anonymous FTP from sunbane.engrg.uwo.ca (129.100.4.12).  Look in the
(I think) pub/traveller/software directory (the archives were just re-
organized, so my memory may be faulty).

--
     Brent

INTERNET:  woodsb@gn.ecn.purdue.edu
USNAIL:  2818 S. Sunrise Dr.  /  New Palestine, IN  46163
PHONE:  +1 (317) 861-4844 (voice)