[comp.archives] [tex] Re: A dvi2ps that puts two A4 pages side by side

mark@seti.inria.fr (james mark @) (08/02/90)

Archive-name: multi/31-Jul-90
Archive-site: archive.su.oz.au [128.250.27.2]
Archive-directory: /archive/ps_printing
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1529@seti.inria.fr> I wrote:

>I don't know if the multi stuff is public domain or not.  I tried to
>contact Ross Cartlidge to find out, but the mail bounced.  Does
>anyone know?

The only reason that the mail bounced is that I stupidly didn't check
the address before mailing.  I contacted Ross; multi *is* public domain,
and is available by anonymous ftp from archive.su.oz.au (129.78.64.5)
in directory archive/ps_printing (along with other stuff).  It works
with just about any PostScript file, reducing it so as to fit any
reasonable number of virtual pages onto a physical page.  We find it
very useful here.  The distribution includes lots of documentation.

--
Mark James  <mark@nuri.inria.fr>  or  <mark@bdblues.altair.fr>