[comp.archives] [comp.lang.apl] Re: Postscript APL font

sam@ss_csi.jpl.nasa.gov (Sam Sirlin) (07/30/90)

Archive-name: apl-tex-font/27-Jul-90
Archive-site: power.eee.ndsu.nodak.edu [134.129.123.1]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1990Jul26.171513.6428@shearson.com> pmeese@shearson.com (Philip Meese) writes:
>OK APL'ers: try this:
>
>I am using STSC's APL on the Sun (and quite happy with it)
>but I need to create hard copy function listings. STSC sez that
>they have no method for doing this on a postscript printer.

An APL font for TeX exists and is freely available. I got the metafont
definition, the original tugboat article, and various .tex files from
power.eee.ndsu.nodak.edu (134.129.123.1), ftp anonymous login. You use
the metafont to produce fonts in whatever size you want. This allows
APL on just about any (laser) printer, not just postscript printers.

Sam Sirlin
sam@jpl-gnc-gw.jpl.nasa.gov

Sam Sirlin
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
sam@csi.jpl.nasa.gov
sam@kalessin.jpl.nasa.gov

r_pandy@rpandy.Eng.Sun.COM (Rajev Pandy) (08/03/90)

Archive-name: apl-ps-fonts/01-Aug-90
Archive-site: sun.soe.clarkson.edu [128.153.12.3]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

 Also available as far as APL Postscript fonts go are the METAFONT ones
 designed by Hohti and Kanerva (described in an ACM APL Quote Quad article
 a year or two ago). The fonts are available via anonymous ftp from
 sun.soe.clarkson.edu,  I believe. Several people I contacted couldn't
 get METAFONT to run on them, however. If that is a  problem, I can supply
 the necessary .pk/.pxl etc. files......

 (I'm writing my MS thesis using LaTeX and need APL characters, so I use
  these fonts and dvi2ps to get the desired result.)

Rajeev Pandey                              | Mail Stop 5-44
  Internet: r_pandy@rpandy.Eng.Sun.COM     | Sun Microsystems, Inc.
                                           | 2550 Garcia Avenue
  Phone: (415) 336-4891                    | Mountain View, CA  94043-1100
                After September 15th, I'll be back at:
Rajeev Pandey                              | Department of Computer Science
  Internet: rpandey@cs.orst.edu            | Computer Science Building 100
  UUCP: hp-pcd!orstcs!rpandey              | Oregon State University
  Phone:(503) 737-3273  Fax:(503) 737-3014 | Corvallis, OR  97331-3902  U.S.A.