[comp.archives] [graphics] Re: bugs

craig@weedeater.uucp (Craig Kolb) (08/03/90)

Archive-name: rayshade/02-Aug-90
Archive-site: weedeater.math.yale.edu [130.132.23.17]
Archive-directory: /pub/rayshade.3.0
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1990Aug1.153239.15158@mozart.amd.com> ughtas@diablo.AMD.COM (Tom Stewart) writes:
>I've picked up version 3.0.1.2 of "rayshade" from some
>friends at IBM and have had fun producing simple images (spheres, glass balls,
>etc.).  .... buuuuttt I've had problems with more complicated images and
>objects.
>
>To make a disgusting story short, we get segment violations or other stray
>pointer problems while texturing objects or rendering height fields.

Prior to patch #5 (the latest), rayshade had a number of free()-related bugs.
It looks as if you're running at patchlevel 3.  You can ftp a more up-to-date
version of rayhade from weedeater.math.yale.edu (130.132.23.17) in
pub/rayshade.3.0/rayshade.3.0.tar.Z.

A new version of rayshade will rear its head sometime within the next
month or so.

Craig