[comp.archives] [comp.os.os9] Re: pd software/unix utils

StG@hummer.iupui.edu (Scott Griepentrog) (08/11/90)

Archive-name: os9-archive/08-Aug-90
Archive-site: skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov [130.134.37.6]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <2394@mcrware.UUCP> jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) writes:
>In article <1990Aug7.185337.4532@cs.utk.edu> abg@ornl.gov (BANGS A L) writes:
>>Is there an ftp site that has some
>>OS-9  utilities?  Can anyone from Microware suggest other alternatives?
>
>I wish I knew of an ftp site.  I've seen the question asked several times,
>but no affirmative responses.

The TOP software is available on ftp from 130.134.37.6 (sorry, don't
recall node name), look in pub/OS9.  Warning, the file is HUGE (10m).

I am also looking towards creating a FTP site specifically for OS9/K
here locally, but don't hold your breath.  I'd like to do it using an
OS9 machine, but would have to port all that code (ugh!).  If anybody knows
anything about anybody doing any kind of IP and FTP software on OS9,
please lemme know.

StG