From: rganesh@wpi.wpi.edu (Rajamani Ganesh)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.indian
Subject: You can FTP restaurant list

Hello all you Gourmets and Gourmands,

		Based on a netter's suggestion, I have made available
the List of Indian Restaurants in USA/Canada through ftp (file
transfer protocol).

Please ftp only during night time when there is
less traffic so that you don't slow the system down. Thanks

The process is as follows:

your M/C prompt> ftp wpi.wpi.edu

Name		: anonymous
Password 	: anonymous

ftp> get rest.list

ftp> bye

I have tried it locally and it works fine.

Be Happy
Ganesh

PS: I canceled my earlier post, modified it and am posting again.
The netters who are receiving this for the second time - my apologies!

From gopal@portia.Stanford.EDU Wed Aug  8 19:03:06 1990
From: gopal@portia.Stanford.EDU (ALAMURU KRISHNA)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.indian
Subject: Translation of a Telugu story (very short).
Date: 8 Aug 90 23:03:06 GMT
Sender: gopal@portia.Stanford.EDU (ALAMURU KRISHNA)

Hi,
  The following is a short story written in Telugu by a popular short story
writer Kodavatiganti Kutumbarao. I was fascinated by his writings, both for
the analysis they contained and the style in which they were presented. I found
that some of his ideas are relavant even now. (He wrote over a span of 50 years
1930-80.) I plan to share some of his stories with the interested of you by
translating (rather poorly I confess) if sufficient interest is shown. This is
my first attempt and I took the smallest possible story that caught my
attention. Hope some of you would find it interesting.

syam krishna

ps: If someone wants the Telugu versions desparately you may contacct me at
s.syam@macbeth.stanford.edu or gopal@portia.stanford.edu
and we'll workout something.

				NON-VIOLENCE

	The topic of debate in the King's court that day was 'Non-violence'.
Two men of conviction were leading the debate while the rest were watching the
fun.
	One was weak and fragile for looks, but not so in his speech. He was
arguing quite convincingly that 'might is right'. The other was strong and
well built. However, he was fighting a losing battle trying to convince his
adversary that non-violence is the only hope for humanity.
	The debate was coming to an end as the weak fellow was gaining  upper
hand. The strong man's face reddened. He couldn't control his anger. He jumped
onto the weak fellow, caught him by his throat and shook him asking "why don't
you understand"? The weak fellow's body went limp.
	Non-violence won.

           A SELECTION FROM SOC.CULTURE.INDIAN