[comp.archives] [comp.mail.misc] Re: Smail3.x

lyndon@cs.athabascau.ca (Lyndon Nerenberg) (08/18/90)

Archive-name: smail/v3.1.19
Archive-site: van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca [128.189.233.155]
Archive-directory: /pub/mail
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

From: lyndon@cs.AthabascaU.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg)
Newsgroups: can.uucp,can.general
Subject: smail 3.1 availability
Date: 28 Jun 90 20:58:25 GMT

For those of you who attended the smail3.1 BOF at the NET90
conference, the source code is now available for anonymous
ftp/uucp access from van-bc. The compressed tar archive is
902701 bytes.

To ftp it, connect to van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca [128.189.233.155]
using login anonymous, password guest, and take a copy of
/pub/mail/smail3.1.19.Z in BINARY mode.

For uucp access, request the file van-bc!~ftp/pub/mail/smail3.1.19.Z
using one of the following:

PEP:	   +1 604 939 4782   login: nuucp    password: nuucp
2400/1200  +1 604 939 4756   login: nuucp    password: nuucp

Sites with uucp connections to aunro or atha can uucp the file
from ...!~/smail3.1.19.Z. If you would like a connection to
one of these machines, contact postmaster@cs.athabascau.ca.

If you cannot use the above methods, I'm willing to cut tapes in the
following formats:

	Sun 1/4 inch cart (60 or 150 MB)
	1/2 inch 9 track (1600 or 6250 BPI)
	Exabyte 8mm
	3b2/1000 1/4 inch cart

To get the distribution on magnetic media, send a blank tape of your
choice with a cover letter indicating the format you require to me
at the address listed below. Please include an email address or
daytime telephone number where you can be reached. Don't forget to
include a return postal address, or your tape will be added to my
archive collection.

Also, I have started a mailing list for smail3 users. To join, send
your request to smail3-users-request@cs.athabascau.ca.

	Lyndon Nerenberg
	Computing Services
	Athabasca University
	Box 10,000
	Athabasca, Alberta
	T0G 2R0

--
     Lyndon Nerenberg  VE6BBM / Computing Services / Athabasca University
         {alberta,cbmvax,mips}!atha!lyndon || lyndon@cs.athabascau.ca