[comp.archives] [news.admin] Re: saving your phone bill

Archive-name: dynafeed/27-Aug-90
Archive-site: uunet.uu.net [137.39.1.2]
Archive-directory: /ClariNet
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1990Aug26.173515.18337@alembic.acs.com> csu@alembic.acs.com (Dave Mack) writes:
>One of the flaws of the Usenet transport mechanism is that you're
>at the mercy of your feed sites when it comes to determining which
>groups your machine receives. (This may not be true in the NNTP
>world, I wouldn't know.)
>Dave Mack

Well, I've fixed that flaw and put the code for ftp in
uunet!~/ClariNet/dynafeed.tar.Z.  But I have been kinda disappointed
in the low response from people trying it out.  I guess that in part it is
most useful to people with phone links rather than nntp links, and these
people don't have ftp.   So if you are trying it out, let me know, and if you
want me to mail it to you, send me some mail.