[comp.archives] [comp.sys.mips] Re: sendmail.cf for RISC/os 4.5

lgy@phys.washington.edu (Laurence G. Yaffe) (08/31/90)

Archive-name: washington-sendmail-cf/30-Aug-90
Archive-site: ftphost.cac.washington.edu [128.95.112.1]
Archive-directory: /pub/sendmail
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

cantrell@eemips.tamu.edu (Pierce Cantrell) writes:

>The boilerplate version of sendmail.cf being distributed
>with RISC/os 4.5 will not work with addresses of the
>form user@host.bitnet or user@host.csnet. The problem
>is that the sendmail.cf file does not define the
>internet gateway, which sendmail.cf attempts to
>append to the From: address.

    I use a sendmail.cf developed by the networking support people
at the Univ. of Washington and recommend it very highly - it handles
gateways to bitnet/UUCP/CSnet, multilevel domain abbreviation, and
best of all I didn't have to mess with it to get it to work.  It is
available via anon. ftp from ftphost.cac.washington.edu (in pub/sendmail).

Laurence G. Yaffe		Internet: lgy@newton.phys.washington.edu
University of Washington	Bitnet:   yaffe@uwaphast.bitnet