[comp.archives] [gnu.misc.discuss] Re: GNUsletter archives ?

jkp@cs.HUT.FI (Jyrki Kuoppala) (08/17/90)

Archive-name: gnusletter/16-Aug-90
Archive-site: nic.funet.fi [128.214.6.100]
Archive-directory: /pub/gnu/Bulletins
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <670@aio.jesnet.jsc.nasa.gov>, poirot@aio (Daniel Poirot) writes:
>Is the GNUsletter archived anywhere?  I haven't seen the current news
>letter yet and I am also interested in the back issues.

They're (or most of them) at least on nic.funet.fi:pub/gnu/Bulletins.
That's in Finland and you guys on the far edge of the world are
connected at only 64k (or was it 56k?) so perhaps someone might want
to put them to a local archive on other parts of the world, too.

//Jyrki

toad@CS.CMU.EDU (Todd Kaufmann) (09/01/90)

Archive-name: gnusletter/24-Aug-90
Archive-site: katmandu.mt.cs.cmu.edu [128.2.250.68]

In article <1990Aug16.212808.8054@santra.uucp> jkp@cs.HUT.FI (Jyrki Kuoppala) writes:

   In article <670@aio.jesnet.jsc.nasa.gov>, poirot@aio (Daniel Poirot) writes:
   >Is the GNUsletter archived anywhere?  I haven't seen the current news
   >letter yet and I am also interested in the back issues.

   They're (or most of them) at least on nic.funet.fi:pub/gnu/Bulletins.
   That's in Finland and you guys on the far edge of the world are
   connected at only 64k (or was it 56k?) so perhaps someone might want
   to put them to a local archive on other parts of the world, too.

Okay, in the interest of the net, I dragged a copy to this side of the Atlantic.
Now available for anonymous ftp in

  katmandu.mt.cs.cmu.edu:pub/gnu/Bulletins

(that's 128.2.250.68 for the hostname impaired).
It contains the last four newsletters; or get the .tar.Z file and save.

By the way, there's a dvi file in there too; all I ever saw before
was the info version.  Where are the texinfo files?

 -todd