[comp.archives] [comp.sys.mac.programmer] Re: Think C List

nagel@wintermute.ics.uci.edu (Mark Nagel) (09/02/90)

Archive-name: think-c-archives/25-Aug-90
Archive-site: ics.uci.edu [128.195.1.1]
Archive-directory: /mac/think-c
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

bkahn@dg-rtp.dg.com (Bruce Kahn) writes:

>  I was just wondering the same thing.  For the past 4 weeks our Postmaster
>here has been waiting to hear back from our subscription request.  Has
>anyone heard from the moderator or actually been subscribed to the list??

I add all requests generally within hours of receiving them, except
this past week during which I was away on vacation...  I received a
request from DG while away, but certainly not 4 weeks ago.  At any
rate, for all people who are interested, here is the blurb...

Welcome to the Think C electronic mailing list!

List Information
----------------

This list has been created to discuss topics of interest among users
of Symantec's Think C compiler for the Macintosh personal computer.
These topics include:

	o programming tips and examples
	o discussion of compiler bugs and/or misfeatures and workarounds
	o questions related to programming the Macintosh with
	  Think C and/or object-oriented programming

One simple request: if someone submits a question on something that
seems simple to you, please remember that it will seem simple to
many of the other 150+ subscribers to the list.  Please reply to the
sender directly unless you feel it is warranted to broadcast the
reply.  The person who submitted the question is urged to followup
at some time in the future with a summary of responses, so others
who might be interested can see what the solution was.  This simple
rule will prevent much of the chaff that is present on may mailing
lists and newsgroups.

Requests for addition/deletion/address/questions changes should be
sent to:

	think-c-request@ics.uci.edu

Submissions to the list should be sent to:

	think-c@ics.uci.edu

Archive Information
-------------------

An archive of submitted source code and other packages related to
Think C is available from ics.uci.edu via two transfer methods:

	o anonymous ftp to ics.uci.edu (128.195.1.1)
	o automated e-mail archive server on ics.uci.edu

The archive is stored in /mac/think-c for ftp.  To use the archive server,
send mail to:

	archive-server@ics.uci.edu

Extensive help is available for this server by using a subject
consisting of the word "help."  For there, you should be able to
determine how to navigate the archive.

Submissions to the list may be accomplished in one of two ways:

	o use anonymous ftp to drop the submission in /incoming on
	  ics.uci.edu and send a note to think-c-request summarizing
	  the submission.

	o use electronic mail to send the submission to
	  think-c-request.

After the submission has been moved to the proper directory in the
archive, a notice will be sent to the list describing the new
addition(s) to the archive.  These notices will always have subject
headers of the form 'ARCHIVE: xxx', where xxx is a brief description
of the new addition.

Mark Nagel
Department of Information and Computer Science
University of California
Irvine, CA  92717
--
Mark Nagel