[comp.archives] [minix...] Re: New MINIX available

Archive-name: atari.archive.umich.edu/10-Sep-90
Archive-directory: /pub/atari/Minix
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <7485@star.cs.vu.nl> ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) writes:
[ Lots of stuff. Wow. ]

>3.3 ADDITIONAL MINIX 1.5 FEATURES (ATARI ST VERSION)
>  - Up to 2 simultaneous users on one machine
>  - RS-232 serial line support with terminal emulation, kermit, zmodem, etc.
>  - Support for various real time clocks (Mega, BMS, ICD, Supra, Weide)

Coming soon to a usenet site near you - support for arbitrary disk formats,
including high density 3.5" disks... If you've got the right hardware,
it will also support 1.2 meg 5.25" disks. (Requires some grungy hardware
hacking, of course. Oh well.)

>For email and FAX orders, please include the product name and number, your
>name and address, and your MasterCard or VISA card number and expiration date.
>If you wish delivery by Federal Express (costs extra), please indicate so.

Um... I'd think twice about sending a credit card number over the internet...
Wouldn't you? Just a cautionary note...

>13. WHERE CAN I GET PAST POSTINGS AND PROGRAMS?
>     Many sites keep archives of MINIX-related material, ranging from
>archives of articles posted to more organized repositories of programs posted
>to the net.  The complete MINIX distribution is NOT (repeat NOT) available
>from any online archive.  This is not permitted.  Only the newsgroup traffic is
>stored there.

>Formal Archives (MINIX sources):

>     terminator.cc.umich.edu

Please refer to "atari.archive.umich.edu" instead. Thanks. (141.211.164.8)
Also note that new Minix stuff isn't collected here automatically, it shows
up when I get time to test things and put them back up. The things of primary
interest here are the GNU tools, which are copied from dsrgsun.ces.cwru.edu,
and the ST 1.1 -> 1.5.10 upgrade kit.

>terminator.cc.umich.edu    [35.1.33.8]   directory   pub/atari/MINIX    and
>     pub/gnustuff

Again - atari.archive.umich.edu, and the directories are pub/atari/Minix
	and pub/atari/gnustuff/minix. (pub/atari/gnustuff/tos contains
	other GNU tools for TOS.)

>     ST upgrade kits, ST programs (GNU tools)
>     This site may have a mail server.

Yes, send message with text "help" to atari@atari.archive.umich.edu. There
is a limit of 200K per day per user.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan
  one million data bits stored on a chip, one million bits per chip