[comp.archives] [gnu.gdb.bug] Re: gdb on a Sun386i

mb@ttidca.TTI.COM (Michael Bloom) (09/11/90)

Archive-name: sun-386-gnu-coff/09-Sep-90
Archive-site: tut.cis.ohio-state.edu [128.146.8.60]
Archive-directory: /pub/gnu/coff
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <9009071258.AA17343@ikaros.fysik4.kth.se> pelle@IKAROS.FYSIK4.KTH.SE (Per Lundahl) writes:
    > I am trying to install gdb 3.5 on a sun386i
    > using the i386 configuration files,
    > but I run into all kinds of problems.

    > Does there exist any configuration files for the sun386i ?

Yes.  Pick up my changes to gas and gdb for coff on Sun386i and
vanilla System V systems from:

        UUCP: osu-cis!~/gnu/coff/gnu-coff.tar.Z
        FTP:  tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:/pub/gnu/coff/gnu-coff.tar.Z

Among other things, these include config files for the sun 386i, and
source code changes needed to support sun's encoding of dbx debug info
in coff object files.

Be prepared for a new version that will be made available very soon, especially
if you are using g++ (the currently available version incorrectly handles
object files containing line numbers for inline functions defined in header
files - this is fixed in the new version)

- michael