[comp.archives] [comp.text.sgml] Re: SGML translators

paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Paul Pomes - UofIllinois CSO) (09/12/90)

Archive-name: oed2-sgml/11-Sep-90
Archive-site: uxc.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.50]
Archive-directory: /pub
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

blarsen@spider.uio.no (Bjorn Larsen) writes:

>Does anybody have a description of the SGML-based translators available?
>I'm interested in translators such as
>
>  WP5.0    <-> SGML
>  RTF      <-> SGML
>  LaTeX    <-> SGML
>  troff    <-> SGML
>  whatever <-> SGML
>
>Commercial or Public Domain. Complete or partial. Finished or under
>construction. Everything of interest.

As part of my ox2 front-end to the OED2 in SGML format, I wrote two routines
that provide formatted output in plain, troff, and VT2XX escape sequences.

The code is GNU licensed and available from uxc.cso.uiuc.edu in
pub/oed2-2.03.tar.Z .

The OED2 data is licensed from Oxford University Press and must be obtained
from them.

/pbp
--
         Paul Pomes

UUCP: {att,iuvax,uunet}!uiucuxc!paul   Internet, BITNET: paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
US Mail:  UofIllinois, CSO, 1304 W Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL  61801-2910