[comp.archives] [comp.unix.admin] Re: Program to log off idle users

aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (a.e.mossberg) (09/16/90)

Archive-name: untamo/14-Sep-90
Archive-site: mthvax.cs.miami.edu [129.171.32.5]
Archive-directory: /pub
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In <10504@hacgate.UUCP> tong@rscene.hac.com (Kevin Tong) writes:

>Does anyone out there know of any software that will
>log out users after a certain amount of idle time?

>We have only a limited number of ports and some
>users stay logged on even after they leave.

I use untamo, which I got long long ago. I'm not sure where
I got the one I run now, but it is not the same that appeared
in comp.source.(misc? unix?). It is available from mthvax.cs.miami.edu
via ftp as ~ftp/pub/untamo.shar.Z or by the netlib server
netlib@mthvax.cs.miami.edu by sending it the request:

send untamo.shar from sources

aem
--
a.e.mossberg / aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu / aem@umiami.BITNET / Pahayokee Bioregion
Historic responsibility has to make up for the want of legal responsibility.