[comp.archives] [appletalk] Re: address finders / white pages

pclark@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Peter Clark) (09/16/90)

Archive-name: addfinder/14-Sep-90
Archive-site: boombox.micro.umn.edu [128.101.95.95]
Archive-directory: /pub/addfinder
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

The U of Minn also has an address finder (called, strangely enough, address
finder). It's a Hypercard stack that implements a client of the UIUC CSU
Nameserver program.

The Nameserver was written by the great Steve Dorner and is ftp-able (I don't
know the address offhand- maybe csu.uiuc.edu?), and the client is ftp-able
from boombox.micro.umn.edu (under pub/addfinder).

	good luck.
		Pete Clark

dorner@pequod.cso.uiuc.edu (Steve Dorner) (09/21/90)

Archive-name: eudora/21-Sep-90
Archive-site: ux1.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.59]
Archive-directory: /mac/eudora

In article <91406@srcsip.UUCP> pclark@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Peter Clark) writes:
>The Nameserver was written by Steve Dorner and is ftp-able (I don't
>know the address offhand- maybe csu.uiuc.edu?), and the client is ftp-able
>from boombox.micro.umn.edu (under pub/addfinder).

The CSO Nameserver is on uxc.cso.uiuc.edu, in the net/qi subdirectory.

Eudora, my mail program, also knows how to talk to the nameserver.  Eudora
you get from ux1.cso.uiuc.edu, in the mac/eudora subdirectory.

(Yes, ux1 and uxc are two different machines, not typos, and the "1" is NOT
a lower-case "L", it's a one.)
Internet: s-dorner@uiuc.edu  UUCP: uunet!uiucuxc!uiuc.edu!s-dorner