[comp.archives] [ibm-pc-binaries] Re: mac sounds

komatsu@alcor.usc.edu (-----> Dave) (09/24/90)

Archive-name: sounds/23-Sep-90
Archive-site: ccb.ucsf.edu [128.218.1.13]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <14287@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> schikore@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dan Schikore) writes:
>Earlier I said that I would be mailing mac sounds out to anyone who wanted
>them.  Instead, they have all been uploaded to ccb.ucsf.edu in the
>Pub/Sound_list/Upload directory.  Included are President Bush, "Thank You,
>God Bless You, and God bless the USA", a few Alfs, Simpsons, and many
>others.  Have fun.
>
>-Dan Schikore
>schikore@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

Special thanks to Dan Schikore for the uploads to ccb.ucsf.edu.  I have
done some reorganizing and the following was done.

(1)  All Simpsons sounds were moved to the Simpsons directory
(2)  All other recent uploads (including the Pres. Bush, Alfs) have
     been moved to the Misc2 directory.

Basically the reason is very cosmetic and also to clear the Upload
directory which was starting to get a bit cluttered.  This sound site
now carries over 10 megabytes of sound files for the mac/ibm computers
and we welcome anybody to anonymous ftp.  For those without FTP access
don't fret because we are working out details in which we will offer
disks of sounds.  We are still in tentative talks to please refrain
from sending e-mail requesting sound disks a announcement will be
made shortly.

sound@ccb.ucsf.edu                |   The CCB sound site contains
komatsu@aludra.usc.edu            |   10 + megs of sound for d/ls
komatsu@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu    |