[comp.archives] [comp.unix.misc] Re: unix appointment scheduler?

wchuang@athena.mit.edu (Mithrandir) (09/25/90)

Archive-name: appt/24-Sep-90
Archive-site: fionavar.mit.edu [18.72.0.96]
Archive-directory: /pub
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

(This is a posting for Ira B. Ekhaus, ibekhaus@athena.mit.edu)

There is an appointment calendar program called 'appt' available for
anonymous ftp from fionavar.mit.edu.  To get it:

	ftp fionavar.mit.edu   		[18.72.0.96]

(login: anonymous, password: your username or whatever you want)
The file is compressed, in the /pub directory, and called appt.shar.Z.
Once you're connected, switch to binary format:

	ftp> binary

	ftp> cd pub

	ftp> get appt.shar.Z

After you quit ftp, you'll need to uncompress the file (it is 29K
compressed, 64K uncompressed) and extract it:

	uncompress appt.shar.Z

	sh appt.shar

From there you can build it with 'make' (the makefile doesn't need
editing); you'll need yacc and lex and cc.

I've built it on a DECstation3100, VAXstation 3100, and on an IBM RT,
all running Project Athena's variant of BSD4.3, and it works without
problems.  I can't guarantee it on any other platforms.

The archive will remain on fionavar.mit.edu for a couple of months.
Use and enjoy!

---------------------------------------------William Chuang, MIT '91
ARPA:   wchuang@athena.mit.edu		    | Project Athena Student
BITNET: wchuang%athena.mit.edu@MITVMA.BITNET|  	    Consultant
UUCP:   ...!mit-eddie!athena.mit.edu!wchuang|
--
---------------------------------------------William Chuang, MIT '91
ARPA:    wchuang@athena.mit.edu
BITNET:  wchuang%athena.mit.edu@MITVMA.BITNET
UUCP:    ...!mit-eddie!athena.mit.edu!wchuang

gupta@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Rohit Gupta) (09/26/90)

Archive-name: csos/25-Sep-90
Archive-site: ux1.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.59]
Archive-directory: /doc/csos

ibekhaus@athena.mit.edu (Ira B. Ekhaus) writes:

>I am looking for an appointment scheduler for unix.
>It should be character based, and allow for entering appointments
>,reminders and notes.

We use csos, a locally developed program, to handle appointment scheduling
at the University of Illinois CSO consulting office. Csos was developed
specifically for our needs, so I'm not sure if it is what you are looking
for.

I've made the csos src code available via ftp-anon to ux1.cso.uiuc.edu in
the doc/csos directory. It is a compressed tar file called csos.tar.Z. Make
sure to set your mode to binary when ftp'ing.

Enjoy it!
Rohit
--
 Internet:rohit@uiuc.edu   UUCP:uunet!uiucuxc!ux1!gupta  BITNET:GUPTA@UIUCVMD