[net.music] Sex Pistols, Disco, B52's, Jean-Michel Jarre

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (08/16/85)

> From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>

>> From: gitpyr!royt@topaz.arpa (Roy M. Turner)

>> ...and nice flaming back at you, Jim.  Now go back and finish
>> listening to the Sex Pistols...

> Hey Roy, hope that I don't shock you but the Sex Pistols are long gone.

Hey Mu!  You have great taste in music, but why should I not listen to
the Sex Pistols just because they're long gone?  Maybe I missed them
first time around....

> Oh and watch who you're calling a music snob.  I listen to anything at
> least twice before making snap judgements as to what I like.  I've
> even listened to disco to see if there was anything redeeming.  There
> wasn't until ... later.

Until who?  I can't stand the suspense!  (It couldn't be .....)

In any case, some people have called the likes of The B52's disco and
their really great!  Though, I don't think I'd call them disco.  I would
call some of the stuff that Jean-Michel Jarre does disco, and some of
his disco stuff is really great!  (Too bad 99.99% of disco is cow snot!)

			"Animate your back.  Slide -- you'll be
			 my inspiration -- to the left and to
			 the right.  Funk is our salvation."

			 Doug Alan