[comp.archives] [graphics] Re: SRGP by Anonymous FTP?

ethan@thinc.UUCP (Ethan A. Lish of THINC) (10/01/90)

Archive-name: sgrp/27-Sep-90
Archive-site: graphtext@cs.brown.edu
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <4383@trantor.harris-atd.com>, gbastin@x102c.ess.harris.com (Gary Bastin) writes:

>   Started a new class last night, and the Prof mentioned that
> SRGP for the PC and Macintosh was freely available by anonymous FTP
> from some university.  Unfortunately, she didn't know where
> specifically.  Anyone know where I can snarf the PC version from?
> Turbo-Pascal, or C source would be equally acceptable!  (This is for
> an interactive computer graphics class using Foley, Van Dam
> ( 2nd Edition).

Dear Reader:

Your e-mail addressed to
		graphtext@cs.brown.edu
has been handled by an automatic "server" program that generated this response.
This server provides several services for readers of
	"Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice", 2nd edition
		by Foley, van Dam, Feiner, and Hughes
			(Addison-Wesley, 1990)
				ISBN 0-201-12110-7

There are several distinct "services" you can obtain from this server, each
identified by a unique keyword.  To obtain the service, mail a message to
graphtext@cs.brown.edu containing the keyword (and only the keyword)
in the "Subject:" line.  Only one service can be obtained per message.

Here are the services currently available,
with the appropriate "Subject:" lines shown:

Subject: Help

	The server sends you this helpful message in response.
	If the server program seems to be broken somehow, send mail to
		Dave Sklar (dfs@cs.brown.edu)
Subject: Get-Text-Bug-List

	Use this service to obtain a list of known "bugs" in the text.
Subject: Report-Text-Bug

	Use this service to report a bug in the text.  The body of your
	message should give the page and line number of the bug, and if
	possible, indicate the necessary correction to be made.

	Please check the "text-bug-list" before submitting a bug report so you
	don't submit a duplicate bug report.

	Please don't submit a bug report unless you are sure that there is
	a bug in the text; this service is not for raising questions.
Subject: Get-Text-Algorithms

	Use this service to get instructions on how to obtain electronic
	copies of many of the major algorithms (all in Pascal) presented
	in the textbook.
Subject: Software-Distribution

	Use this service to get instructions on how to obtain SRGP and SPHIGS,
	the software packages described in chapters 2 and 7.
	These include information on all three versions:
		1) UNIX/X11  (available via ftp)
		2) Macintosh (available via ftp, except Pascal via floppy)
		3) IBM-PC and compatibles (available via floppy)
Subject: Get-Software-Bug-List

	Use this service to obtain a list of known "bugs" in SRGP/SPHIGS.
	This list does not include omissions and bugs that are
	documented in the SRGP/SPHIGS reference manuals.
Subject: Report-Software-Bug

	Use this service to report a bug in the software or in the doc
	associated with the software.  If you can present a code fragment
	that isolates the bug, all the better.

At a later date, we will support services for the sharing of exercises
produced by instructors using the text, and for the submission of
suggestions for improvement of the text in later revisions.

--
Ethan A. Lish     ----    301.652.0651    ----    {uunet}!thinc!ethan
Tomorrow's Horizons, Inc.,4807 Bethesda Ave, #330, Bethesda, MD 20814