[net.auto] Question for Laser XE owners who have dashboards in their car

kevin@voder.UUCP (The Last Bugfighter) (04/16/85)

In article <2467@drutx.UUCP> review@drutx.UUCP (Millham) writes:

>Question 2) When I got the car, the speedometer would read > 85MPH.
>	With the new dashboard, it stops at 85! Can this be changed
>	so that it reads more than 85 again? (I like to know how
>	fast I'm going when I get that speeding ticket |-( )

   Nothing could be easier, sort of.  There is a switch on the back of the
dashboard which controls this.  It was designed in because at the time U.S.
speedometers could only go up to 85 while other countries, such as Canada,
had no such law.  You will have to pull the dashboard and give this switch
a flip to get your +85 speedo back.

---
Kevin Thompson   {ucbvax,ihnp4!nsc}!voder!kevin

"It's sort of a threat, you see.  I've never been very good at them
  myself but I'm told they can be very effective."