[comp.archives] [amiga] Re: New 64 emulator?

pashdown@shotput.es.com@bambam.UUCP (Pete Ashdown) (10/10/90)

Archive-name: c64/02-Oct-90
Archive-site: abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov [128.155.23.64]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) writes:

>In article <603@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM> anderson@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Joel Peter Anderson) writes:
>>Last night I spotted a new (shareware) product on GEnie: a multitasking
>>C64 emulator for the Amiga.  Before I download it from GEnie, does anyone
>>know of its availability on an FTP archive?  Also, has anyone used
>>this tool?  It was called something like A64Project and (I think) the

>   This may not impress many Amiga owners, but I am sure it will be a boon to
>many of the former owners of C64s who have upgraded & need help being weened
>from the C64.
>   According to the docs he is not finished with the program yet & wants to
>add lots of other features. He should be encouraged, he does very good work.

Ditto, this guy should be supported completely.  This is one of the finest
pieces of shareware I've ever seen, and its obvious a lot of work went into it.
Although it doesn't work on processors higher than the 68000, he is promising
a version that will.  According to the manual, they have a version that will
run on an 020 at 100% or better the speed of a C64.  He claims that if it was
run on an 030 (which they don't have) it would be 200%.

I ftp'd the emulator from abcfd20.  Get the "thea64package.lzh" file and
reconstruct the file structure according to the manual.  The "A64.lhw" and
"C64*.lhw" files seem to have problems.  Both of them gave me errors in
several files after unlhwarping.

Here is the address in the manual.  If you order it directly from QuesTronix,
you should probably include some extra bux for the disk.  I don't believe it
normally comes with the hardware.

                                  QuesTronix
                                P.O. Box 340285
                            Hartford, CT 06134-0285

Again, this guy deserves support!  Let's buy him a 3000!

--
 /    (Rotate head 90 degrees for full effect)
 \    Pete Ashdown    pashdown@esunix   ...utah-cs!esunix!pashdown