[comp.archives] [comp.sys.mac.apps] Re: MandelZot v3.0 available at nic.funet.fi

dplatt@coherent.com (Dave Platt) (10/17/90)

Archive-name: mandelzot/16-Oct-90
Archive-site: coral.bucknell.edu [134.82.1.1]
Archive-directory: /mac
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <1990Oct13.085925.6184@uwasa.fi> hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) writes:

> Straight from the author: MandelZot version 3.0 by Dave
> Platt is available for anonymous ftp at nic.funet.fi
> (128.214.6.100). It is located in pub/mac/util and called
> mandelzot30.sit and mandelzot30docs.sit

A note for users on the American side of the Atlantic Ocean... it'd
probably be better to retrieve MandelZot from one of the U.S. sites that
has it and supports anonymous FTP... no sense in doing zillions of
retrievals over the already-congested transatlantic links.

MandelZot 3.0 can be FTPed from coral.bucknell.edu in ~ftp/mac as

      MANDELZOT_30_DOCS_INTRO.TXT
      MANDELZOT_30_DOCS_SEA.BIN
      MANDELZOT_30_INTRO.TXT
      MANDELZOT_30_SEA.BIN

Be sure to use "image" or "binary" mode when retrieving the .BIN files
from coral, or when fetching a .sit file from nic.funet.fi or any other
machine.  Non-image-mode retrievals can yngvi up a StuffIt or Compactor
archive pretty badly.

Other sites at which you might be able to find MandelZot 3.0 include
freebie.engin.umich.edu (141.212.68.23) and jade.unine.ch (in
Switzerland).  It'll probably show up on rascal.ics.utexas.edu as well,
if I can arrange to get a clean copy to Werner.