[comp.archives] [graphics] Re: Collected Algorithm from ACM info needed??

elf@dgp.toronto.edu (Eugene Fiume) (10/25/90)

Archive-name: collected-algorithms/24-Oct-90
Archive-site: netlib@ornl.gov
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In article <31531@netnews.upenn.edu> sichen@grasp.cis.upenn.edu (the S T R A N G E R ???!!!) writes:

>HI...
>  Does anyone know where can I get the Collected Algorithm from ACM?? is there
>any FTP site available?? or I just need the address of the ACM bussiness
>department which I can order from...

I can't remember if this is in the FAQ, but it should be.  There is a large
library of software maintained at a couple of sites that contains mostly
mathematical software.  If by "collected algorithms from ACM" you actually
mean algorithms published in ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software then
you can get an implementation of the algorithm by e-mail.

Send mail to: netlib@ornl.gov

The phrase "send index from toms" should be the first line of your message
body.  If you haven't used it before (or recently), you should "send index".

[I realise that this may not have answered the poster's question, but I
used it as an opportunity to mention a very useful facility.]
--
Eugene Fiume, Dynamic Graphics Project
Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto