[comp.archives] [comp.software-eng] Re: Where to get 'cvs'

berliner@rmtc.Central.Sun.COM (Brian Berliner) (10/30/90)

Archive-name: cvs-berliner/29-Oct-90
Archive-site: uunet.uu.net [192.48.96.2]
Archive-directory: /comp.sources.unix/volume22/cvs-berliner
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

In <8068@star.cs.vu.nl> dick@cs.vu.nl (Dick Grune) writes:
>Note that this is the original shell script CVS. There is a C version of an
>older release by Brian Berliner, which is much faster and has some additions
>of its own. It is compatible with my CVS; it is also available by anonymous
>ftp from various sites (I can't find exactly from where right now). There
>should (and probably will) be some effort to make both systems meet again,
>but I've been doing other things lately.

The official 1.0 release of the C version of CVS can be ftp'ed from
uunet.uu.net in the directory ~ftp/comp.sources.unix/volume22/cvs-berliner.
Do also pick up the single patch file in that directory as well.
Send mail about this version of CVS to berliner@Sun.COM.  The address
listed in the README file is no longer available.

The distribution also contains the troff/pic/tbl source to the paper I
presented at the Winter 1990 USENIX conference on CVS.

Enjoy!

  Sun      Brian Berliner         berliner@sun.com         Work: 719-594-6018
     /\                           uunet!sun!berliner       Home: 719-528-1950
  /\/  \   Rocky Mountain Technology Center                Fax:  719-548-1009
 /  \   \  Sun Microsystems  5465 Mark Dabling Blvd.; Colo. Springs, CO 80918