[comp.archives] [comp.mail.mh] Re: DVI files

ziegast@ENG.UMD.EDU (Eric Ziegast) (11/15/90)

Archive-name: mh-doc/13-Nov-90
Archive-site: ics.uci.edu [128.195.1.1]
Archive-directory: /mh/papers-ps
Reposted-by: emv@ox.com (Edward Vielmetti)

David Ascher writes:
>I hope this is the right newsgroup.
>
>I'm trying to look at the papers that come in the MH-6.6 distribution,
>but I'm having a hard time getting AmsTeX to run, etc.  Would it be
>posible for someone to send me the dvi files for the papers?

If you can print postscript files, get the postscript copies of these
files from ics.uci.edu.

	% ftp ics.uci.edu
	Name: ftp
	Password: anything
	ftp> cd mh/papers-ps
	ftp> bin
	ftp> mget *

>Also, while I'm at it: does anyone know anything about getting mh to
>run with the Kerberos authentication system?  the POP-3 protocol?

From the installation manual "...mh-6.7/READ-ME":

          POPSERVICE
               The port name the MH POP will use.  For historical
               reasons, this defaults to "pop".  The MH POP pro-
               tocol (POP version 3) has finally been assigned
               its own port number (110), which differs from the
               original POP (version 1) port number (109).  To
               have MH POP use the new assigned port number, set
               POPSERVICE='"pop3"', and be sure that this service
               name is listed in your /etc/services file on both
               POP client and server hosts as "110/tcp".

I don't know if it works though, we don't use MH's POP service.

As for Kerberos, I haven't seen anything yet, but it would be nice
to know if someone out there is working on it.
Eric W. Ziegast, University of Merryland, Engineering Computing Services
ziegast@eng.umd.edu - Eric@[301.405.3689]